Saturday, June 15, 2013

One Man's Trash is Another's....Best Friend?

I was just leaving HEB, thinking how nice it was to have a normal, boring trip.  I had even met up with a friend inside to have a nice conversation.  Could it be that nothing weird would happen on this grocery run?

Of course not!

As I got out the door, I noticed a man running up the parking lot, pushing a shopping cart in front of him.  He was running rather quickly, so I stopped moving, afraid that any direction I took would cause him to hit me when he got closer.  Instead, he ran smack into one of the trashcans that sits outside the front doors.  BANG!  The trashcan started to wobble, and the man began yelling.  “Sit!  Stay!  Damn it, stay!” 

All the while, I had moved quickly to push the trashcan so that it wouldn’t fall over, seeing as how his yells did little to combat all of Newton’s Laws of Motion.  As I stood there, he looked up at me and said, “You know, I don’t think this would make for a very good dog.”


I just shook my head, replied, “Of course not, because, it’s a trashcan,” and walked off toward my car.  I guess I’m just destined for adventure, even on the boring days.

No comments:

Post a Comment